Do you ever feel like you are not expressing yourself to your maximum potential? Have you ever wished of leaving your own mark upon the world?🌎 If you answered yes to both of these questions, then allow this article to help in motivating you to unleash your passion to the world. By letting nothing hold you back, and by believing in yourself, you can accomplish so much more than you have ever dreamed possible. 😀
I wanted to give you 5 ways to help get your creative juices flowing. Allow this to be a way of fulfilling that passion to open new doors for you and to let those creative thoughts thrive.
1. Painting/Drawing🖌 – In the words of Pablo Picasso, “The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls.” Painting has been around for thousands of years. History has many artists that left their creativity to be admired long after their time here on earth. Artists such as Picasso, Van Gogh, Rembrandt, Da Vinci, and Michelangelo set a foundation for others to find their own inspirations to share with others. I myself may not be one of the best drawers, but I do love to paint. One painting that I had painted was called, “Starburst".
Besides just being beautiful, art is also soothing to the soul.🙌 If you have a desire to create artwork, search from within yourself and let your heart and mind capture that picture you wish to put on that canvas. By doing so, you will find how simple it is to express yourself from painting and drawing.
I'm sure that all of us at one time in school used to doodle drawings. Doodling, alone boosts both creativity and productivity, due to a wandering hand. Take time throughout the day to doodle something from your mind, while at work. It can end up inspiring new thoughts, which can go to helping you in greater success at work.💪
2. Writing✍ – Writing can be just as beautiful and expressive as painting and drawing. You can write poetry, songs, plays and screenplays, books and novels, columns for newspapers and magazines, and so much more. It’s just as beautiful when you combine the two, drawing and writing. For example, during his youth, my late friend Stan Lee started out by taking part time jobs for writing. He would write obituaries, news services and even press releases for the National Tuberculosis Center. He also dreamed of writing what he called, “The Great American Novel".
But before writing that very novel, he worked for Timely Comics, which decades later became Marvel comics. He didn't just create superheroes, he created stories within those comics. Blending both writing and artwork in a very expressive way.🦸♀️
I myself love to write, from my daily posts, to my blogs here at darcysdaily.com. I also enjoy writing songs and manuscripts for both films and books. Writing allows us to share ones stories with everyone around the world.
Similar to the way of doodling, try making some bubble maps. Fill them in with ideas that could help motivate you to be more expressive with a writing project you are working on. It can help in developing it into something more than you first thought possible. By putting pen to paper, it engages our minds in a unique way that no other activity can replicate.😁
3. Photography📸 – Do you remember the saying, “A picture is worth a thousand words?” It's true! Photography began in 1826, a person by the name of, Joseph Nicéphore Niépce. He took the photo from his upstairs windows of his estate, in France. It didn't turn out good, but it was still a setting foundation of photography today. From people posting their photos on social media like, Facebook and Instagram, to others getting their photos put on billboards and popular magazines, to even more that just make their own personal photo albums to have as memories.
I love taking photos myself. One of my favorite things to take photos of is my furbabies. If you wish to see my work, follow my Instagram account, @darcysfurbabies! YAY!
You can express yourself by sharing your own experiences through your photos, and writing or speaking stories to go with the pictures. Know that you and your photos are worthy and are thier own kind of artwork. Capturing what holds meaning to you and sharing what you feel is genuine, and an incredible form of expression.🏞
4. Music🎶 – “Where words fail, music speaks.” This quote is an impactful way of expressing yourself through music. A lot of the greatest recording artists express themselves by singing from the heart, letting the lyrics flow out through their feelings and the melody embraces their soul. I myself started out in music. My grandfather and I would play guitar together when I was younger, and music had a special place in my heart ever since.🎸
Music to me is a way of showing the real you in a very special way. There is personality within each song. But what is really amazing is when others personalities are intertwined with yours from them singing along to your songs too. What is more humbling than that? For your music to be sung and felt by others.🤘
If you wish to express yourself through music, start by listening to your heart, let it speak the words that you are passionate about. Let it encourage you by creating emotion the way you want, how you want and when you want too. Finally, let your music be heard. Don't keep it suppressed or for just yourself. Don't let fear of what others think get to you. Share it, because you will see once shared, others will listen.
5. Leadership👥 – Do you realize you are already expressing yourself as you read this? It's within your personality, how you dress, how you act, and even how you speak. By having a positive attitude it can influence others you interact with in a positive way too. By your sense of fashion, it can help describe a small piece of you to the rest of the world. By your behavior it can help others understand you more. How you speak can help in inspiring those around you.
All these things I just mentioned, when blended together and formed into a single person, defines a leader. Leaders are in charge for a reason, they motivate others and help them accomplish each task to the best of their abilities. 🤩
Here are some ways to improve your leadership to the best of your abilities by checking out my article on how to be a leader:
💜💜💜I HOPE THIS MESSAGE HELPS IN SHAPING YOU TO BE MORE EXPRESSIVE IN LIFE AND TO HELP YOU NOT TO BE AFRAID TO SHARE THOSE EXPRESSIONS TO OTHERS.
MANY BLESSINGS AND BIG HUGS TO YOU ALL!💜💜💜