Due to the Coronavirus, a lot of small businesses have been struggling lately.🥺 But as we begin to slowly reopen them in phases, now is a good time to help support them within your community. It's sad, that due to this, some have even had to close their doors permanently, so I wanted to write this to help in hopefully preventing more from doing the same.
I understand a lot of you are dealing with financial matters yourself. Many of you may not like to shop in stores much and try to do all or the majority of your shopping online. But, if possible, please try some of your local stores to see if they have some items you are looking for in stock, because every little bit does help in keeping them functioning.😊
Just think, a lot of small businesses have been open for not only years, but even generations.🏘 Some small businesses have been passed down through the generations and are a part of the community in a big way. A lot of companies really do care about their customers, like knowing their names, knowing what they like, even remember certain favorite orders too.
Here are some ways that you can help in keeping them open and thriving again.
1. Deliveries/Curbside Pickups🚛 – A lot of stores are offering these services, not just restaurants. Some stores allow you to call in orders or make orders online, and they will have it ready for pickup when you get there. There are even stores and restaurants that will still do home deliveries as well, to help those that don't wish to risk shopping in person due to the Coronavirus.
Stores that offer curbside pickups usually end up allowing you to order anything they have in stock, online or by phone call and will have you call them again (or knock on their door) when you arrive outside their store.🤳 Call and ask your local stores if they have a website you can go to, so you can request or order the items you were looking to purchase.
2. Follow and share local businesses Facebook pages✔ – Most businesses do have a Facebook page. Those that do, have been giving updates for how they are running their establishment. This allows you to know all the ways they are offering customers to shop at their store/restaurants. Share some of their posts so others you follow can see them as well and help in getting the word out for them.
You can also even send them messages on Facebook messenger to ask them questions you may have as well. A lot of companies want to do all they can to help make your shopping experience as easy as possible.👍 If some businesses aren't tech savvy, see if you can help them in setting up a Facebook account to help them be able to get their message out.
3. Use Google💻 – Try searching your local businesses on Google, this will allow you to see their store hours, their phone numbers, website (if they have one), social media pages, and more. This is a great way of getting in touch with each local business and it gives you extra options in reaching out to them, to see all the ways they offer you to make purchases.
4. Buy gift cards💳 - Gift cards are a great way to help support your local businesses. You can buy some and even use them at a later time if you wish, or give them to family/friends, to help them out a little bit more.
5. Online services📧 – Some businesses are offering online services. Some clinics are offering online doctor appointments through facetime. Therapists, tutoring, yoga/fitness classes, personal trainers, lawyers, etc. are providing their services online as well.
6. Tips💲 – If places are accepting tips, support them more by tipping them extra. This allows them a little extra income to continue to operate their store/restaurant and help towards their own financial matters.
7. Donating/Fundraising💸 – Some small businesses may not have the income to restock as much as they would like too, by donating to them, this can help them to do just that. It gives them an extra security blanket, to help them get back onto their feet again.
You can also do a fundraiser for a local business, by raising money for them to help them continue to stay open if they are really struggling to do so. Try doing a raffle on an item of some kind, carwash, bake sale, and/or anything else you can think of to help raise some money for them.😊
❤❤❤I HOPE YOU CONTINUE IN HELPING YOUR OWN COMMUNITY TO GROW BY SUPPORTING YOUR LOCAL BUSSINESSES. BY ALL OF US PLAYING THIS PART, IT CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE TO THEM.
I WISH YOU ALL A WONDERFUL DAY AND PLEASE COMMENT WAYS THAT YOU HAVE HELPED LOCAL BUSINESSES. IT COULD HELP
INFLUENCE OTHERS TO DO THE SAME. BIG HUGS!❤❤❤