I hope this message finds you doing well and getting ready for Mother's day coming up soon! It's right around the corner, so I wanted to help you all out and give you some amazing gift ideas for the Mom in your life. These ideas are specially created to be social isolation friendly during the Quarantine and will help your Mom to stay safe. 🤱 For many, it can be difficult navagating the changes caused by the Coronavirus and it's new rules on distancing.😷 I wanted to help out and provide you with some safe ways to show your loved ones that they are appreciated and cared about during this time. Without further ado, here are some of my recommended gifts to give your mom this Mother's Day:
1. Giftcards💳 – Giftcards make a great and easy gift because they can be emailed within an Ecard, or mailed. Your mom can purchase things online that she would like to have and have them delivered to her door. When choosing the right card, think about her favorite things like, a giftcard for her favorite place to eat; she can order takeout from restaurants she loves. Another giftcard idea could be for beauty product or home goods places, (My personal favorite is Bath & Bodyworks), I LOVE the Aromatherapy lotions, candles and body sprays. If your mother likes to read, give her a gift card for digital books or even audiobooks. You can order movies and shows online too (and you know how much I love my movies and shows, hee hee). Find out what she likes best and any of these would be amazing gifts.
2. Photo slideshows and homemade videos 📸📽 – My Mom absolutely LOVES looking at photos. A perfect gift for Mom is to take her down memory lane with a fun photo slideshow. www.smilebox.com/ is a great website that I have used before to make simple and fun slideshows and E-cards. You can also record homemade videos for Mom from wherever you are. You can send your special greetings through social media, text or email for a surprise that has that personal touch.
3. Plant flowers or a garden🌻👨🌾👩🌾 – Since its springtime, this idea is a big green thumbs up! Ask your mom what her favorite flowers are, and buy some seeds and plant them in her yard for her. You can even plant a whole flower bed for her and surround it with a circle of rocks. Another good idea is planting a garden for her, that way she can have her own fruit and vegetables, without having to make trips to the store.
4. Virtual Dinner Date🍷 – You can pick up or cook your own meal for her, and deliver it to her doorstep. If its takeout, clean the outside containers with a Clorox wipe (if you have one) or a wash rag that has soap and water (use dishwashing soap and bring a bottle water with you). For a home cooked meal, you can use plastic containers, you can clean the inside and outside of the container before placing the food in them, and clean the outside of it once more when placing it on her doorstep (clean same way as the takeout). Then call her on the phone or video chat with her to see how she likes it.
5. Physical gift🎁 – If you wish to get a physical gift to give for her, you can still do so safely by cleaning it at her doorstep. If you bought her chocolate and flowers for example, clean the part the flowers are wrapped in, as well as the chocolate container box using the same method as you would do for the food mentioned in number 4.
💜💜💜I HOPE YOU ALL LIKE THESE GIFT IDEAS AND PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU END UP DOING ANY OF THEM FOR YOUR MOM ON MOTHERS DAY!
AND FOR A LITTLE LAUGH, HERE IS A VIDEO OF SOME OF THE WORST MOTHER'S DAY GIFTS FROM THE JIMMY KIMMEL SHOW.
WISHING YOU ALL A WONDERFUL MOTHER'S DAY!